In addition to the regular semester Student Exchange Program, students can also participate in the Summer Programs to gain international exposure. The Summer Programs will take place during the school vacation from middle of May to late July. Each Summer Program will last from 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
List of Summer Programs Administered by NUS Business School
- Doing Business in China – Peking University (2 weeks)
- International Summer University Program – Copenhagen Business School (6 weeks)
- WHU European Bachelor Summer Institute – Otto Beisheim School of Management (2 weeks)
- Doing Business in Europe - European Business School (3 weeks)
- International Summer Program – McGill University (4 weeks)
- Business & Culture in Mexico – ITAM (6 weeks)
- McCombs School of Business BBA Global Business Program (4 weeks)
- HKUST International Summer Program (6 weeks)
- Summer School at Imperial College London (4 weeks)
- Bocconi University Campus Abroad Summer Program (4 weeks)
[note: this program is run by Bocconi University and conducted in NUS Business School]
- HEC Paris Summer School (6 weeks)
- Vancouver Summer Program – UBC (4 weeks)
Students can also attend the Summer Programs administered by NUS International Relations Office (IRO).
Application for Summer Programs
From January to March each year, emails will be sent to business students who are eligible to apply for the Summer Programs administered by NUS Business School.
Students can also check out IRO's website regularly for the application instruction of each Summer Program administered by IRO.
Credit Transfer of Summer Program Modules
Students can enjoy up to 12 MCs fee waiver for credits earned from attending up to 2 summer programs in their academic life.
With effect from summer of AY2013/14, business students can transfer up to 12 MCs for attending the first summer program which will be conducted from May 2014 onwards. If they choose to transfer 12 MCs for the first summer program, they will have to pay NUS the special term fee per module for each module they would like to transfer back to NUS for the second summer program.
Students are required to obtain module mapping approval prior to the start of the summer program if they would like to transfer back the credits earned. Upon completion of the summer program, they will need to submit the transcript to the Student Exchange Office by 15th of October for credit transfer.
Similar to the Student Exchange Program, modules taken during the Summer Programs are non-graded, ie, not considered into the computation of the CAP.
Please refer to: https://share.nus.edu.sg/registrar/student/info/SU-FAQs.pdf, Q8 for the number of non-graded modules students can do in their degree program.
"Students are to take note that credits will only be transferred for Summer Programs administered by NUS i.e., the Business School, IRO, or other non-business faculties."
"Students should note that even if a University is a partner institution of NUS regular semester SEP, whose courses can generally be mapped back to NUS for credits, IF the summer program offered by this University is NOT considered as an approved NUS administered summer program, NO credit will be allotted. This also applies to any winter program which students may take."