Concurrent Master of Science (Management) Programme for Current NUS Undergraduates
The concurrent Master of Science (Management) programme aims to help students gain a key competitive advantage in the graduate job market, by providing advanced knowledge and skills in key areas of management.
The MSc (Mgt) programme is available to all eligible NUS undergraduate students. Generally, business undergraduate students may gain this master's degree with 1 additional year of coursework study.
For non-business students, this programme prepares them for an additional career option in management. They also enjoy all the rights and privileges of BIZ membership, such as access to BIZ Career Services.
Double Master Programme: MSc (Mgt) + CEMS MIM
MSc (Mgt) students may apply for admission to the CEMS Master's in International Management (CEMS MIM) programme, thus gaining 2 master's degrees. This double-master degree programme may be completed in 1.5 years by a business undergraduate student; 2 years by a non-business undergraduate student.
CEMS is a global alliance of leading business schools, multinational companies (MNCs), and non-governmental organisations (NGOs). NUS is the only Singapore university and the first Asian university to be selected as an Academic Member of CEMS. The CEMS MIM, emphasizing interpersonal and leadership skills, has been ranked consistently by Financial Times among the top Master's in Management programmes in the world.
|BBA Students||Non-BBA Students|
|Domain Knowledge Requirements (DKR)
To be chosen from Minor in Management Programme:
|Covered in BBA curriculum||Note:
Students in the Minor/Major in Management programme may have completed some of these modules.
|MSc Requirements (MSR)
Equivalent Level-4000 modules taken at BBA Honours year can be counted towards MSR.
Below are some of the modules that are offered to MSc (Management) students. These may be periodically reviewed and are subject to change:
|ACC5001||Business Analysis and Valuation|
|BMF5000||Advanced Financial Modelling|
|BMF5001||Financial Management of Family Business|
|BMF5002||Valuation of Mergers and Acquisitions|
|BMK5001||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability|
|BMK5002||Applied Market Research|
|BMK5004||Design Thinking and Business Innovations|
|BMk5005||Competitive Marketing Strategy|
|BMO5003||Workplace and Corporate Deviance|
|BMO5004||Special Topics in Organizational Behaviour|
|BMP5002||Asian Business Environment|
|BMP5003||Managing for Public and Private Environmental Sustainability|
|DSC5101||Analytics for Managerial Economics|
|DSC5211A||Supply Chain Coordination & Risk Management|
|DSC5211B||Analytical Tools for Consulting|
|DSC5211C||Quantitative Risk Management|
Students may apply for direct admission to the NUS BBA + MSc (Mgt) dual-degree programme, or apply after matriculating into NUS.
Students may apply to the concurrent BBA and MSc (Mgt) programmes through the centralized online application at the NUS Office of Admissions (OAM). Admitted students must then stay above the academic thresholds, and may take the graduate modules only after passing an interview.
Admissions for Current NUS Students
To establish admissibility to the programme, an NUS undergraduate must have:
- informed his/her original NUS faculty/school (for non-BBA students);
- completed at least 80 modular credits (MCs) of his/her undergraduate programme with his/her original faculty/school; at least 40 of those completed MCs must be from modules offered by his/her undergraduate department/faculty for students in his/her undergraduate major(s);
- completed at least 16 MCs of BBA or Minor in Management programme modules, with an average grade point of at least 4.0 out of 5.0 for those completed modules [this is not required for those enrolled in the University Scholars Programme (USP);
- an overall Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 4.0 out of 5.0;
- Done well in the admission interview (conducted for shortlisted applicants only).
- A Letter of Motivation (no more than 500 words) outlining the reasons for which you want to complete the programme. The same Letter of Motivation can be used for CEMS MIMS application.
- Applicants for the double-master programme with CEMS must be proficient in at least one CEMS language - Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Czech, Danish, Dutch/Afrikaan, Finnish, French, German, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Indonesian/Malay, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish or Turkish. Click here for common CEMS application requirements. This can be their mother tongue.
Although GMAT is not mandatory, candidates with good GMAT scores will be considered favourably for scholarships, and also stand a higher chance in getting their preferred placement in CEMS host schools. Our GMAT institution code is DRT-MK-19 (MSc in Management).
Application Procedure for Current NUS Students
|Semester 1 Admission||Semester 2 Admission|
|Application period||1-May to 15-Jul||1-May to 15-Jul|
|Interviews for shortlisted applicants||Aug - Sep||Aug - Sep|
|Notification of acceptance||Sep||Sep|
A complete set of application will comprise of the following:
- Application Form
- A copy of transcripts to support (2) to (4) of admissibility.
- GMAT scores (if any)
- Proof of proficiency in any other foreign language declared for CEMS MIM studies (if applicable)
- A Letter of Motivation
A-Level or polytechnic results need not be submitted.
Please send the completed application package to the following office:
BBA Office (MSc in Management Programme)
BIZ1 2-7, Mochtar Riady Building
15 Kent Ridge Drive
Only eligible students with completed applications will be interviewed.
Fees and Scholarships
The programme fees consist of:
- an acceptance fee of S$500 which is payable upon admission into the programme, and
- a tuition fee of S$15,000 to be paid over two equal instalments, when the student status is changed from undergraduate to graduate.
Study Awards for MSc (Mgt)
All applicants who are current NUS students will be automatically considered for Business School scholarships, which may cover all, or a portion, of the programme fee. There is no need for a separate scholarship application.
Scholarship recipients are chosen based on merit, active participation in the BIZ and/or NUS community, and projected success in the MSc (Mgt) programme